Saturday, September 15, 2018

Session #16


Date: June 17, 2018

Cummulative flights to date: 22

Site: Kiwanda

Conditions: WNW but switchy around 5mph when I started

Harness configuration: bare glider

Assistance: none

Launch: wind at 12-16, easy but less confident about directional control

Flights: 1 - really tired after only one trip up

Landing: easy

Photos/Video: none

The last flight I made was 1 year ago to the day.  I did not attempt to kick up, just flew it down hanging by my arms as usual for bare glider config.


Take aways:
1. I need to always assume the glider can blow away and find a way to tie it down so that it can never happen.

2. Picking the glider up off the ground in any wind at all is nearly impossible for me. This is due to the requirement that you must tip the glider onto it's nose by lifting the trailing edge and then lift it from forward of the CG point on the hang tubes up onto your thighs. This is the only way it will balance.   It is at this point I hook my shoulder strap carabiners to the glider hang tubes by two webbing loops so that I now have the glider resting from my shoulder straps.  When slope launching, I need to be able to pick up the glider in a sheltered location, carry the glider to the launch site and then launch without setting the glider down.  

No comments:

Post a Comment